Chandrashila Trek Best Adventure Trek in Uttrakhand
Chandrashila Trek promises you amazing view of the western and the Eastern Uttarakhand. Fabulous forest trails and the unmatched summer makes this one of the most liked treks. If you might not know the summits in Uttarakhand are the tallest in all of India. Locals also rank this summit as a blessing and not an achievement. This is 6 days trekking expedition full of adventure and lifelong memories.
The itinerary for the trek is as below. Our representatives will meet you at Haridwar train station.
Day 1 – Reaching Base Camp in Sari
- After meeting our representative at Haridwar train station, proceed towards our base camp in Sari by cab or bus.
- On the road, you will pass through the Devaprayag where the formation of holy river Ganga takes place.
- Throughout the day-long journey, you will pass through the most picturesque places, Don’t miss out on taking the window seat!!
- Reaching Sari by 6 pm, if its still sunny visit the village of 100 houses.
- Overnight stay at the base camp with bonfire and dinner.
Day 2 – Sari to Deoriatal
- From an altitude of 6,601ft, we start our trekking for 3kms.
- This is a short 1-hour trek to Deoria Tal which passes through the main market of Sari village.
- Follow the trail with a photogenic valley on both sides.
- Spend the rest of the day in the laps of nature.
Day 3 – Deoriatal to Rohini Bugyal
- This one is a slightly longer trek taking 4-5 hours.
- From the camp site proceed through the trail towards the lighthouse.
- With maple forest in the surroundings you will pass through Jhandi Dhar, small shrines and Chopta forest.
- After the trek of 4-5 hours you finally reach, what is really covered by the Rhododendron forest is Rohini Bugyal.
- Don’t miss the impeccable sunset. Bonfire and dinner follow here.
Day 4 – Rohini Bughyal to Bhrujgali
- This is a trek involving 3-4 hours, 6kms and height of 9888ft.
- This is going to be an easy trek so start leisurely to enter the meadows of Bhrujgali.
- Rest at the shepherds huts which are habituated in summers only by the locals.
- Whether there is snow or not the campsite is at one of the most picturesque places where you spend the rest of your day.
Day 5 – Bhrujgali to <href=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandrashila” target=_blank”>Chandrashila Peak
- Start early before sunrise to treat yourself with the stunning view of sunrise from Tungnath and Chandrashila peak.
- You can visit the Tungnath temple which is at the base of the Chandrashila peak.
- Enjoy the 360 degree view of the mountain from the top of the peak.
- Take the same route to return of Bhrujgali where you say overnight.
Day 6 – Bhrujgali to Chopta
- This is a small downhill trek of half an hour leading to Chopta.
- You can enjoy local food at Chopta as it has stalls in the tourist season.
- Take the Jeep back to Haridwar train station from here.
End of a memorable trek to one of the tallest summits.