Chanshal Lek Trek and Saru Lake Trek An Adventure Trek for beginners
Chanshal peak (14,830 ft/ 4520mtrs) is the highest peak in the Shimla district. The Chanshal pass is accessible by road from May to November. Lake is only 8kms from the Chanshal top. The trek is a short trek of only 4 days. If you are a first-time trekker then Chanshal Lake Trek is ideal for you. It is almost a straight trek of 8kms with few slopes.
The trek starts from Chanshal Pass itself. It is truly a heaven for nature lovers.
Day 1. Shimla to Rohru/Chanshal (12,303ft/3750mtrs)
- Arrival at Shimla. Departure for Chanshal from Shimla by our cabs( 6am).
- The journey to Chanshal will take around 9-10 hours.
- After briefing, camp overnight at Chanshal Pass.
- The day ends with the bonefire after dinner.
Day 2. Chanshal Pass to Chanshal Lake/Saru Lake
- Start leisurely, enjoy the sunrise.
- One can explore the surroundings. The place is full of picturesque locations making it a photographer’s delight.
- After breakfast trek towards Saru lake.
- The trek starts from Chanshal Pass and passes through beautiful meadows.
- It’s an easy trek, takes around 4-5 hours to reach Chanshal Lake/Saru Lake.
- Lunch and night stay nearby Saru Lake.
- Don’t miss the sunset.
Day 3. Chanshal Lake/ Saru Lake to Chanshal Pass
- After breakfast trek back to Chanshal Pass.
- Lunch at Chanshal Pass.
- After lunch trek to Chanshal Top, it takes around 1 hour.
- Chanshal Top is one of the best sunset spot, enjoy the sunset.
- Descent down to the camp site.
- The day ends with the bonefire and dinner.
Day 4. Chanshal Pass to Shimla
- After breakfast drive back to Shimla.
- Trip ends here.