Har Ki Dun Har Ki Dun Trek Moderate Difficulty. Make it Eay and Simple
Har Ki Dun is one of the most beautiful valleys. Har Ki Dun is situated in the western Himalayan range. The trek of Har Ki Dun follows the trail of glacier basins, pine forests, alpine meadows and many ancient villages. It is said that Pandavas took the same trail on their way to heaven through Swargarohini. Rich in Flora and Fauna. This trail also passes through the Govind National Park. This trek reaches the heights of 11,700ft.
This trek starts from Dehradun train station. Our representative will meet and greet you.
Day 1 – Reaching Base Camp in Sankri
- Day long journey in Jeep of 220kms for 11 to 12 hours to reach base camp in Sankri from Dehradun train station.
- Since it’s an early start we stop at Kempty falls for breakfast.
- Followed by lunch at Purola, reach Sankri by 6 in the evening.
- Enjoy local Aloo parathas made at Dhaba or explore the Sankri village. Stay overnight in Sankri.
Day 2 – Sankri to Puani Garaat
- Jeep drive from Sankri to Taluka, provide the road is in working condition as its a landslide prone area.
- From the Taluka village, you can follow the descending that is where your hiking starts.
- You will pass through numerous streams and wood bridges along with landslide prone roads.
- Camp at Pauni Garaat or little before if the weather gets worse.
Day 3 – Puani Garaat to Kalkatiyadhaar
- Walk alongside the river and pass the bridge to reach Osla village.
- Visit Someshwar Temple on the way.
- After resting for some time continue hiking which will involve passing numerous rivers, meadows and wooden bridges.
- After reaching the top flat land, we camp there and is also known as Kalkatiyadhaar.
- Enjoy the beauty of the Black Peak in front of you, overnight stay here.
Day 4 – Kalkatiyadhaar to Har Ki Dun
- Enjoy the view of Har Ki Dun peak and Hata peak as you traverse pass the mountains.
- After a couple of hours, trek passes through a small section of meadow with chestnuts.
- There are some forest guest houses on the top for stay and refreshments.
- Camp nearby with the view of a valley and overnight stay there.
Day 5 – Exploring Har Ki Dun Campsite
- The view from Har Ki Dun is so mesmerizing that you would never want to leave that place.
- Explore the alpine flowers and a beautiful view of Swargarohini peaks.
- Trek for 3-4 hours to reach Maninda Taal.
- Return to the campsite just in time before sunset. Enjoy a bonfire and delicious dinner in the midst of starlit sky.
Day 6 – Har Ki Dun to Puani Garaat
- Early start to the day as you will be trekking for 6-7 hours and a distance of 11kms.
- Follow the same descending route to reach Kalkatiyadhaar followed by Osla.
- Enjoy refreshments at Osla and rest for a while before proceeding to Puani Garaat.
- Camping and overnight stay at Puani Garaat.
Day 7 – Puani Garaat to Sankri
- Trek for 13kms to taluka, start early as it is again going to be a long day.
- A 12kms drive from Taluka to Sankri.
- Throughout your 13kms trek, there are leveled walks and consistently descends.
- Stay at Sankri for a night before you leave for Dehradun.
Day 8 – Sankri to Dehradun
- Drive from Sankri to Dehradun takes 10-11 hours so leave early.
- Buses and taxis can be booked based on your budget.
- End to another exciting and adventurous trek.