Snow Trekking from Shimla to Chandernahan Snow Valley
Snow Trekking at Chandernahan is one of the most beautiful trekking routes of the region. For those looking for winter trek and experience snow, nothing is better than the Chandernahan trek. The snowy scenery is amazing and camp sites are approachable. No risk of the running glacier. Chandernahan Winter Trek is a very exciting trek. Trekking in the snow for several days is rare in India so “Himalayan footslog” have started this trek to do something new for the trekkers. We have a professional team with some tough villagers. You don’t have to worry for safety.
Snow trekking Chandernahan by Janglikh
Its beauty remains unexplored by the enthusiastic trekkers. Chandernahan snow trekking can be ranked trekker’s paradise. The snow trekking starts from the snow covered heritage. Village Janglikh and winds through the beautiful meadows, thick forests, grassy land ascents all covered with snow. Where the Pabbar valley exposes the view of the whole surroundings snow cladding mountains. Also frozen waterfall and seven glacial ponds(some frozen ponds) of Chander Nahan. It is a source of Pabbar river.
The whole mountains around remains snow covered during this winter trek.
Proposed itinerary –
Day 1- Shimla to Janglikh(2500mtrs)
On arrival at Shimla, you will be met by our representative at the bus stand and transfer you to Janglikh. Drive through the beautiful valley, en-route Khadapathar or via Narkanda and Rohru.
- The journey to Janglikh will take almost 6-7 hours.
- After briefing, camp overnight at Janglikh village.
- The day ends with the bonfires , after dinner.
Day 2 | Janglikh to Dayara Thach
- Start leisurely.
- One can explore the village. The village is purely heritage and picturesque.
- After breakfast trek towards Dayara Thach.
- The trek winds through the thick forests, beautiful meadows, and grassy land ascents but are covered with snow.
- It’s a moderate trek, takes around 4-5 hours to reach Dayara Thach.
- Dinner and night stay at beautiful meadow Dayara Thach.
Day 3- Dayara Thach to LithamThach (Nearby Chandernahan waterfall)
- After breakfast starts excursion to LithamThach through the meadow of Mounti Thach.
- These meadows are truly heaven for nature’s lover.
- After 5-6 hours of ascend, you will reach Lytham Thach . Now enjoy the beauty of Nature. You are in-front of beautiful Chandernahan waterfall.
- We will camp in front of a frozen waterfall in Litham Thach.
Day 4- Litham Thach to seven Glacial Ponds
- Breakfast at early morning. After breakfast moves forward to Seven Glacial Ponds.
- These Seven Glacial Ponds are the source of Pabbar river.
- The fifth one is the biggest one.
- Back to Litham Thach campsite.
Day 5 –Litham to Simir Thach
- Start leisurely
- After breakfast starts excursion back to Simir Thach through Dayara Thach.
- Dayara Thach is the Most Beautiful Place in this trek.
- That long Meadows with Herds will definitely steal your heart.
- Enjoy dinner and sleep under stars in Simir Tthach.
Day 6- Simir Thach to Janglikh Village
- After breakfast starts excursion back to Janglikh village.
- One can explore the heritage village.
- Drive to Shimla.
- Trip ends here with refreshing memories
INCLUSIONS (Trek Route)
- Accommodation (Tent and Sleeping Bags)
- Transportation from Shimla to Janglikh and Janglikh to Shimla.
- Breakfast- Packed Lunch- Dinner (Vegetarian)
- Snacks, soup, Tea.
- Trek Information and Sightseeing.
- Oxygen Cylinder (If Needed
- Transportation not mentioned under the head inclusions.
- Any Personal Expenditure.
- Porters to carry personal luggage.
- Anything note mentioned under the head inclusion.
- Any Service not mentioned under the head inclusions.
- 05% GST Extra
- 1. 21st March 20
- 2. 25th March 20
- 3. 28th March 20
Maximum Group Size: – 15 members