As Chandernahan Snow Trek is one of the most beautiful trekking route of the region and snow layer adds more beauty to it. For those looking for winter trek and experience snow, nothing is better than the Chandernahan trek. The snowy scenery is just amazing and camp sites are easily approachable .There is no risk of running glacier. The Chandernahan Winter Trek is very exciting , full of breathtaking views. As trekking in snow for several days is rare in India so “Himalayan footslog” have started this trek to do something new for the trekkers. As we have fully professional team with some tough villagers ,you don’t have to worry about your safety.
It’s beauty remains unexplored by the enthusiastic trekkers. Chandernahan Trek can also be ranked as trekker’s paradise. The trek starts from the snow-covered heritage village Janglikh and winds through the beautiful meadows, thick forests, grassy land ascents all covered with snow where the pabbar valley exposes the view of the whole surroundings snow cladded mountains, frozen waterfall and seven glacial ponds(some frozen ponds) of chandernahan which is the source of pabbar river.
The whole mountains around remains snow covered during this winter trek.
Proposed itinerary –
Day 1- Shimla to Janglikh(2500mtrs)
On arrival at Shimla you will be met by our representative at bus stand and transfer you to Janglikh. Drive through the beautiful valley, en-route Khadapathar or via Narkanda and Rohru.
- The journey to Janglikh will take almost 6-7 hours.
- After briefing, camp overnight at Janglikh village.
- The day ends with the bonefire , afterdinner.
Day 2 | Janglikh to Dayara Thach
- Start leisurely.
- One can explore the village. The village is purely heritage and picturesque.
- After breakfast trek towards Dayara Thach.
- The trek winds through the thick forests, beautiful meadows and grassy land ascents but are covered with snow.
- It’s a moderate trek , takes around 4-5 hours to reach Dayara Thach.
- Dinner and night stay at beautiful meadow Dayara Thach.
Day 3- Dayara thach to LithamThach (Nearby Chandernahan waterfall)
- After breakfast start excursion to LithamThach through the meadow of Mounti Thach.
- These meadows are truly heaven for nature’s lover.
- After 5-6 hours of ascend you will reach Litham thach . Now enjoy the beauty of Nature as you are in-front of beautiful Chandernahan waterfall.
- We will camp in front of frozen waterfall in Litham Thach.
Day 4- Litham Thach to seven Glacial Ponds
- Breakfast at early morning. After breakfast move forward to Seven Glacial Ponds.
- These Seven Glacial Ponds are the source of Pabbar river.
- Fifth one is the biggest one.
- Back to Litham Thach campsite.
Day 5 –Litham to Simir Thach
- Start leisurely
- After breakfast start excursion back to Simir Thach through Dayara Thach.
- Dayara Thach is the Most Beautiful Place in this trek.
- That long Meadows with Herds will definitely stole your heart.
- Enjoy dinner and sleep under stars in Simir thach.
Day 6- Simir Thach to Janglikh Village
- After breakfast start excursion back to Janglikh village.
- One can explore the heritage village.
- Drive to Shimla.
- Trip ends here with refreshing memories