Kedarkantha trek is one of the most favoured treks in the winters where you get the enjoy the virgin snow clad mountains. This trek promises you the height of 12,500ft with easy to moderate difficulty level of trek. One of the main reason why people choose this trek is because there is thick snow cover till April. Kedarkantha trek attracts more visitors due to the presence of the prettiest campsites among all other treks.
This trek starts from Dehradun where our representative will meet you.
Day 1 – Reach Base Camp in Sankri
- Day long journey in Jeep of 220kms for 11 to 12 hours to reach base camp in Sankri from Dehradun train station.
- Since its an early start we stop at Kempty falls for breakfast.
- Followed by lunch at Purola, reach Sankri by 6 in the evening.
- Enjoy local Aloo parathas made at dhabas or explore the Sankri village. Stay overnight in Sankri.
Day 2 – Sankri to Juda ka Talab
- With steep climb from 6,400ft to 9,100ft, Juda ka Talab is only 4kms from Sankri but takes 5hours.
- Look out for the trails of wild boar and other animals.
- Juda ka Talab is one of the best locations for your camp.
- Enjoy the rest of the day at camp followed by Bonfire and dinner.
Day 3 – Juda ka Talab to Kerdarkantha Base
- You will enter the darkest part of the pine forest here.
- Pass through shepherds huts and proceed towards Kedarkantha base.
- Camping at Kedarkantha base where you will enjoy the best starlit sky.
- Bonfire followed by dinner at the base site.
Day 4 – Kedarkantha Base to Kedarkantha Peak and Descend to Hargaon Camp
- Enjoy the startling view of the sunshine, get ready for another eventful day.
- Halt at Kedarkantha temple.
- Continue climbing to reach the Kedarkantha peak to get another 360 degree view of the place.
- Back to camp site in Kedarkantha base followed by lunch.
- Continue your descend towards Hargaon camp.
Day 5 – Hargaon Camp to Sankri
- Follow the well paved stone marked route towards Sankri.
- Enjoy long orchids of Apple, Cauliflower and Potatoes.
- Follow the trails of streams and shepherds hut to reach Sankri just in time before sunset.
Day 6 – Sankri to Dehradun
- This is again a long drive from Sankri to Dehradun taking 11-12 hours.
- You can choose a small halt at Mussoorie.
- Dehradun train station is where we mark the end of an adventurous trekking expedition.