Blue Water Lake surrounded by Dhauladhar ranges in Kullu valley is the Prashar Lake (8900ft). This lake is one of the unexplored lakes specially in the Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh. Umpteen rivulets and forest trails is what greets you during your trek. With the recipe to enjoy from local culture, Prashar Lake trek also promises a spectacular view of Pir Panjal, Kinnaur and Dhauladhar mountain ranges. This trek is a great family trek where you can enjoy the beauty of Prashar Rishi temple next to the lake.
Prashar Lake trek will start from Mandi in Himachal Pradesh. This is a two day trek.
Day 1- Baggi Village to Prashar Lake (2,584m)
- Early departure from Mandi to reach Baggi village which is 26km journey.
- With forest cover on your left you will also be greeted by small stream which needs to be crossed.
- You can either take the scissor bends or take short cuts to save time up the mountain.
- You will have many instances to take loads of pictures both in the dense forest and open forest.
- After a couple of hours of trek enjoy refreshments at shepherd’s huts.
- Enjoy the view of Prashar Lake just 800 metres from Forest Departments guesthouse.
- 4 hours and 30 minutes later you have the splendid view of the Prashar Lake and the local temple.
Day 2 – Prashar Lake to Baggi Village (3-4 hours)
- Start early the next day to reach Mandi before 6PM.
- Follow the same trail while descent and don’t forget to fill up your bottles from the fresh flowing springs.
- From Baggi village take motor transport to Mandi.
End of a family friendly trek which promises you loads of adventure and amazing view to refresh your mind.